- 0% on all United transactions† for up to 12 months from the date your account is opened
- 0% on balance transfers for up to 6 months from the date your account is opened (2% handling fee, £3 min). For this great offer your balance needs to be transferred within the first 90 days of your account opening
- 0% on money transfers for up to 6 months from the date your account is opened (2% handling fee, £3 min). For this great offer your balance needs to be transferred within the first 90 days of your account opening
- Representative example:
18.9%p.a. variable on card purchases. This is equivalent to 18.9%APR representative variable based on a credit limit of £1,200.
MileagePlus® Credit Card Account from MBNA
- 2.5 MileagePlus® miles for every £2 you spend on the MileagePlus® American Express® Credit Card from MBNA
- 1.25 MileagePlus® miles for every £2 you spend on the MileagePlus® Visa Credit Card
- Receive 15,000 MileagePlus® bonus award miles if you apply for the MileagePlus® Credit Card Account and spend a minimum of £1,500 between both cards within 90 days of the account opening.*
With two cards linked to one account there are more opportunities than ever to earn valuable MileagePlus® award miles♣ on your everyday card purchases
You can earn miles faster to use towards your dream holiday with United, or any of the other Star Alliance™ carriers to over 1,000 destinations worldwide
In order to view the card terms & conditions on this site, you must have Adobe Reader software installed. If you do not have this or experience difficulties when trying to view the PDF, please visit the Adobe website to download and install the software.
♣ Every £1 you spend on the MileagePlus® American Express® Credit Card from MBNA and the MileagePlus® Visa Credit Card earns you award miles. Cash transactions, money transfers, and balances you transfer to MBNA Limited do not earn award miles. You will earn 2.5 award miles for every £2 you spend on the MileagePlus® American Express Credit Card from MBNA and 1.25 award miles for every £2 you spend on the MileagePlus® Visa Credit Card. Miles are earned for each whole pound spent on each card purchase on your card. The number of award miles earned each month from credit card spend will be displayed on your monthly credit card statement, and will then be added to your MileagePlus® account within 30 days of the statement date. Please note, it is not possible to allocate award miles to your account before they have appeared on your statement. Where a refund is made on your card, your award miles total will be adjusted accordingly. Should you decide to cancel your MileagePlus® Credit Card Account before the production of your next statement, then any miles you have earned during the current statement period will be lost. Award miles can be suspended or cancelled if you do not keep your account in good standing. If you are already a MileagePlus® member it is your responsibility to enter your existing number on this application. Failure to do so will result in automatic duplicate enrolment into MileagePlus®. Please note the MileagePlus® membership number you give us must be for a MileagePlus® account in your name. If you have any additional card members on your card account, any award miles they earn by spending on their cards will also be credited to your MileagePlus® account. Your personal information will be processed by MileagePlus® so they can enrol you in the MileagePlus® award miles program and to calculate and apply the amount of any rewards you earn. Full details of the reward scheme will be sent with your card.
* With this offer you will receive 15,000 bonus award miles after you make a minimum qualifying card spend of £1,500 between both cards within 90 days of the account being opened. Please allow four to six weeks after your transaction appears on your credit card statement for bonus miles to be posted to your MileagePlus® account. To be eligible for this offer, your account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfilment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Cardmembers are not eligible. Offer may be changed, withdrawn, or extended at any time and cannot be combined with any other offer. Card purchases do not include balance or money transfers.
Mileage accrued in a member's account shall be maintained in the account until it is redeemed for an award or until it expires, whichever occurs first.
Mileage accrued shall only be subject to expiration on the last day of the 18 months after the last account activity in the member's account. Activity includes flying, using your MileagePlus® credit card and more. In cases where mileage is for any reason removed from an account, such as for the redemption of awards, and later returned, the return of the mileage to the account shall not count as account activity.
Any member who fails at any time to engage in account activity for a period of 18 consecutive months is subject to termination of such member's membership and/or forfeiture of all accrued mileage as of the last day of the 18th month. Activity includes (without limitation) earning flight miles on United or earning or redeeming miles with a MileagePlus® partner, redeeming miles for award travel, buying miles or transferring miles.
The MileagePlus® Program "partners" include airlines, rental car companies, hotels or other entities who offer products or services as awards in the Program and who permit the accrual of mileage to members who utilise their products or services. The partners are independent entities, and United is not responsible for the nature or quality of products or services provided by those partners, nor for any solicitation efforts by those partners. Mileage accrual offered to Program members for utilising a partner's product or service can vary based upon the type of membership and details on specific partner offers are as published.
† This applies to United flights booked at www.united.com To receive this promotional offer flights must be purchased within 12 months of your account opening.
If you spend on your card and do not pay this in full each month, interest will be payable on the amount outstanding.
Promotional rates will no longer apply from the beginning of any statement period during which you have breached your terms and conditions, for example if you haven’t paid on time or have gone over your credit limit. You cannot transfer balances between MBNA accounts.
The credit cards are issued by MBNA Limited. Registered Office: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9QQ. Registered in England and Wales under company number 02783251. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. MBNA Limited is also authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, Register Number: 204487 for the provision of payment services. American Express® is a registered trademark of the American Express company. MBNA Limited issue the MBNA American Express® Credit Card pursuant to a licence from American Express. Credit is available, subject to status, only to UK residents aged 18 or over.
Calls, online and/or Smartphone sessions (e.g. completing an application) may be monitored and/or recorded for quality evaluation, training purposes and to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
United Airlines is acting as a credit intermediary. Registered Office: 233 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606, USA. United offers credit cards provided by MBNA Limited only within the UK.